Wednesday, July 14, 2010

San Diego

This is by far more pictures taken in one week than have been taken in the past 4 years of our relationship--so I hope you enjoy seeing, well, a lot of us. On the first night we ate at this quaint little restaurant called Prep Kitchen in La Jolla, which is what the fuzzy sign is attempting to say above...
Continuing our culinary tour we had brunch at the Hash House in downtown San Diego the next day. The line was about 1 1/2 hours long but sooooo worth it! Demonstrating my beautiful watermelon kiwi lemonade below:


Sunday we went to the Spreckel's organ concert at Balboa park. Here we are documenting the largest outdoor organ in the world. They even let us borrow big beach umbrellas for the concert. Only in San Diego...



We also did some cooking and made good use of the grill, outdoor jacuzzi, and gorgeous, beachfront, wrap-around porch. Here is our nod to California for Sunday dinner. Obviously there were avocados.




Boyd showing his extraordinary beach cruiser skills. All free with our rental! So Lily Allen...

Children's pool in La Jolla.

I actually had a dream that involved steps almost identical to these with Boyd on them about a month before our vacation. Creepy!

Somehow only Boyd was captured in a swimsuit appropriate to post here...!

Boyd showing off our sweet digs.

We won't brag too much about the just as sweet deal we got with it.

Clearly, the food itinerary must have been set by me. Oh man, this place was up there with finale in Boston. And if you havn't been there we pity you.

Boyd's first peek at Disneyland to round out the California experience. This is at California adventure.

Obligatory picture by the "L"


Proof that we actually went to the real thing too. And ate dole whips. Who's jealous now?


So even though we celebrated in full before I got my board scores, it turned out it was well deserved in the end. Since no one from med school reads our blog, I can proudly announce to my family (and the few friends that read our blog who I know won't spread it to the wrong people) that I scored a 245! Plenty high enough to be really competitive for any residency I could possibly dream up. Plastic surgery anyone? Just kidding.
Thanks everyone so much for all of your support and help during my studying. I couldn't have done it without you!

9 comments:

Bridget said...

Congratulations! I don't know what that number means exactly but I'll take your word for it that it is a fantastic score. Well done!

Sarah said...

Wow! That's great! I love the San Diego pictures... my family loves it there. Thanks for keeping us posted!

Colette said...

YAY Lindsay! Way to rock your med board exam. Did you get my email?? Because I dreamed you got a 12 out of 12.5 on your exam, which is pretty close to what you actually got!

Bert and Benton said...

Linds You Rock! And yet I'm not at all surprised you scored so well. You're trip looks amazing, how did you get such a great deal on that place? I really wanna know, we're planning on going in Sep. And man, All those restaurants are making me hungry. =)

Kristi said...

You go girl! Congratulations!

Dani said...

Nice job! Love you!

Kat Clark said...

I am so glad you had so much fun! I love all the pictures of the both of you. Like little gems! What a special treat! I miss you in Zumba. :(

Kat Clark said...

Oh and BTW, um hello Plastic Surgery is right! You're amazing! And you TOTALLY deserved to beat the spank out of that exam. Woot! WOot!

Bear said...

Wow, it was so fun to see all these pictures of you on your trip. I OBVIOUSLY don't get enough face time with my lindsay.

And I knew you would ace that test because you are a study-aholic and pretty much the smartest person I know, AND you are the only reason I did well in anatomy.

You're pretty much amazing and I miss you lots.