Sunday, August 23, 2009

This is why I haven't posted in awhile...

My professor expects me to understand this:

"Metabolism of fructose-2,6-bisphosphate and regulation of the pathway: The formation of fructose-2,6-bisphosphate is catalyzed by phosphofructokinase-2 and its breakdown is catalyzed by fructose-2,6-bisphosphatase. Phosphofructokinase-2 is not an enzyme of the glycolytic pathway. Although phosphofructokinase-2 uses fructose-6-phosphate from the glycolytic pathway, the product of this kinase reaction is strictly a regulator of phosphofructokinase-1 and fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase. The amount of fructose-6-phosphate removed from the glycolytic pathway to produce fructose-2,6-bisphosphate is inconsequential."

I think the part that really strikes me is the part that says, "...is inconsequential." That I understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li5nMsXg1Lk

10 comments:

julie said...

I'll admit it. I did not even try to read that whole paragraph. I just went back and found the "...is inconsequential" part. You are such a little smarty pants. Good luck and Godspeed. Ask Boyd about Godspeed. He also knows how to say it in french.

Kristi said...

I remember memorizing all of that in biochem . . . somehow most of it has already faded away, maybe that's why they make you take it again in med school. ;)

Bert and Benton said...

uhhh yeah, you lost me there....

Eevi said...

That looks like so much fun...NOT:) But I have to admit that I am a nerd and little sad that I'm not starting school again. Just remember that all these ridiculous memorizations will take you one step closer to being a fabulous doctor.

Dani said...

this reminds me of the dating chart in our apartment. what happened to that thing?

Bear said...

I'm with you... Inconsequential. Also, that link was awesome. It's nice to know I hadn't forgotten all those parts of the brain I memorized so long ago! Miss you. CALL ME.

Leann said...

Nice movie reference... you'll ace your class for sure!

Amanda said...

don't you just love pinky and the brain? that show was the best!

morgan larsen said...

Where do you come up with this stuff? Can you please write my blog posts, yours are way better, even when you write things I don't understand.

Sassy Savvy said...

yuck and good luck :)if anyone is smart enough to understand that you are!