Sunday, January 31, 2010

Blond joke

We do a weekly spotlight in our primary where all of the kids stand up and then they sit down if what is read doesn't describe them so that the last one standing is the hero for the day. Here's how it went today:

Shannon (counselor): Okay, everyone, keep standing if you have blue eyes

Kids: (do as told)

Shannon: Keep standing if you're favorite color is blue

Kids: (do as told)

Shannon: Keep standing if you have dirty blond hair

Kids: "My hair isn't dirty!" and "What's dirty blond? Gross" (kids confused. Most sit after this one. One poor 3-year old is still standing, none the wiser)

Sigh. The sad future reality of all towheads. Also, who invented "dirty" blond. Or "dishwater" blond. Rude. Anyways I recently decided to go on strike against the unfair treatment of blonds and I went brunette. I love it.

8 comments:

Bert and Benton said...

WHAT?!? Pictures please!

Lilianne said...

This is a great post! I love it. And I totally agree. Who did come up with that? I hate being called a dirty blond! So rude, indeed.

Libbey Toys said...

Hi, guys!

I was just looking up the Johnson's email address for John and I noticed your blog address on the list. LOVE IT! You guys are hilarious! We miss our old neighbors- borrowing a cup of sugar, borrowing sappy country songs....oh. The place upstairs is for sale if you have any thoughts of relocating to NY.

Eevi said...

can i please see a picture!

Dani said...

I love primary so much. But not enough to stay in my ward after the current president moves out this summer and risk being called to take her place.

Kat Clark said...

Gotta see it!

Jon & Becky Dahl Family said...

Primary always makes us laugh in one way or another.
Here's 2 funnies:
Yesterday (2/7/10): Bishopric member tells the kids that he's only calling on them once to give others a chance to say something. Small boy (about 5) is raising his hand really really really high to get his attention (he already had a turn). After about 30 seconds he can't hold it any longer and blurts out, "But what I have to say is really important!" It's funny hearing a 5 year old say that.
A couple of weeks ago, a child turns off the lights in a classroom. One of the other boys runs to hide under the table, puts his hands over his head and yells, "Lock down, lock down, another lock down!"
What is he learning in school?
We all want to see a good picture of your new hair -- have you been told?

Bear said...

I echo Bert and Benton.