Sunday, February 1, 2009

Creme de la creme

I feel like I need a solid 12 step program to get me blogging again. It's slightly embarrasing to have such a boring life that "Remember Halloween" is the best thing that's happened to us in the past 4 months. It's not true, so I'm here to redeem us. We had our second anniversary--here we are at Snoqualmie Falls in WA where we celebrated. I had a mushroom bisque for dinner that night that I've been thinking of ever since:


We hung one of our beautiful Christmas presents (thanks Dad and Michelle):


We are planning a dessert party for all of our married friends at the end of February and so I am busy trying out recipes (featured: Creme Brulee). If you live by us and you're married and you're our friend, or you want to be, you're invited! Our only BYU friends close are Blair and Logan so they should be looking for an invitation in the mail in the next few weeks ;) If you want an invitation, put your address in the comments. We always want more friends! Here is my new kitchen tool:


And the product of said tool. Mmmmm:


In other news, I have taken to making my own bread and so far, I have put out 9 loaves (pretty good i'd say). I've learned to incorporate ground flax into it so I feel good about the butter that I also incorporate. I think it's amazing that Boyd and I go through 2 loaves a week. We also go through a lot of cinnamon sugar.

Boyd and I are happy to report that we are still doing our New Year's Resolutions. That may or may not have to do with the fact that there are rewards attached if we do them 90% for two months (we've calculated how many days we can miss). Afterwhich we get rewarded and then choose a new reward for the next 2 months of hard work. I know you're dying to know what we pledged and what the reward is...but we're not that interesting so I need material for our next post. Till next week (hopefully not next month)!

4 comments:

Sassy Savvy said...

I'm sure you are super busy so don't even feel bad about not posting :) But I do love to read what you do post. Congratulations on the two year mark!!

morgan larsen said...

Can I come to your party? Why do I have to live in a different city, no fun :(

benton said...

Happy Anniversary guys! We would so come to your party if the road to tucson wasn't so long, cuz I know those desserts will be killer!

Bear said...

Hey, you're alive! It's so good to hear about you. I would love to come to your party.