Sunday, March 1, 2009

Dessert Party!

Boyd and I are all talk when it comes to being social. We want to be, but we are just so content working on our own little hobbies that we often don't push ourselves out of our comfort zones. Not this time...we finally threw our long-talked about dessert party. And I think it was a smashing success.

The Invites:


The menu:
-A choclate fountain (thank you Michelle!) with marshmallows, prezels, strawberries, bananas, and brownies to dip
-Pumpkin cheesecake with gingersnap crust
-Vanilla bean creme brulee (the night's biggest success)
-Meyer lemon bars
-Individual bittersweet chocoalte mousse
-Mini banana cream tarts with coconut crust
-Chocolate cupcakes with buttercream frosting
-Sparkling pink lemonade and milk

Now for the pictures. I matched the frosting colors to our party colors:
The chocolate fountain station:

The party table. Boyd made the ribbon signs.

The party banner ($2 with a little paper and lace! Thanks to Hannah for being my (un)paid help for the afternoon:

Some of the guests. We made them play trivial pursuit--but we think they secretly liked it:

Our next part adventure is going to be a come-and-go mocktail party for my med school class (well, or at least some of them) and other assorted friends. So if you have any fun ideas for non-alcohol beverages we are going to hang up a menu on chalkboards and bust out the blenders.

4 comments:

The Dahl Family said...

It looks delicious. Wish I could reach through the computer and taste it.

morgan larsen said...

The pictures are so cute, it looks like everything turned out absolutely perfect, I love it! Your invitations are gorgeous, how did you make them?

Dani said...

looks like boyd was a huge help with his ribbon signs and all.
awesome party. you'll have to give me a creme brulee tutorial some day.

Jeremy said...

Desserts and Trivial Pursuit. Man, I wish I could have been there.