Thursday, April 9, 2009

PUBLISHED!


My very first publication as first author was accepted to the Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism this week! It is on quality of life in patients cured of acromegaly, which is a disease of too much growth hormone. It should be available online next month through pubmed and published in hard copy this summer. This summer I will be working on a follow up publication for our drug study at MGH which shows that quality of life in subjects with previous acromegaly and current growth hormone deficiency improves after replacement treatment with growth hormone. It should be pretty exciting! Hooray for Boston!

6 comments:

Kami said...

Very exciting! Way to go! I am so out the academic realm and it's only been a year :)

Kristi said...

That's awesome! I'm in graduate school right now and I know exactly how much work goes into getting a publication. You go girl.

Unknown said...

You're coming back to Boston for the summer!?!?!? WA-HOOO!!!!
When when when????
MB

Bert and Benton said...

wow! Linds that is so exciting!! Even more reason to brag that your my cousin. :o)

Sassy Savvy said...

Congrats!!!

Unknown said...

Lindsay monster, you are quite the studying monster. I would like to know more about hypertension. Good luck in your studies.