Sunday, May 17, 2009

Someday

I have to say that I've never really written anything personal on our blog, and after last week of having my pity party I just want to thank the cheering section I didn't know I had! Thanks to Morgan who helped me finally figure out how to cheer up our blog.

So on occasion I come up with baby names that I "submit" to Boyd. Since the usefulness of such a practice is null for us at this point it shouldn't really be serious, but we definitely take it seriously and have full-fledged discussions on the merit of a name. Recently I told him that I liked the name Ginger for a girl. As any good husband should, he was thoughtful about this lastest whim. However then he proceeded to tell me that in England if you have red hair you actually have "ginger" hair. And since the probability of us having a redhead is pretty high he didn't think that would be very nice if some bloke said one day to our daughter (in English accent), "You're kidding me--really--your mum and dad named you Ginger and you have ginger hair. Well that's jolly ridiculous."

So maybe not.

In other news, in school we are learning about the GI system which is fairly disgusting, Boyd goes on his 1st buisness trip to exotic Milwaukee at the beginning of June, and I finished my very first sewing project since high school making pillows for our couch.

Also, I was talking to an old high school friend last night who's in culinary school and I was so jealous. She said in their pastry class they recently made banana cream pie and they deep fried the bananas first, and then folded them into pastry cream with a copious amount of fresh whipped cream on the top. Wow. I seriously would like to raid her refrigerator. Anyways there are a few things that I really can't wait to do in life and culinary school is definitely top on my list. I'm pretty sure Boyd is even more excited about that then the whole med school thing. He's not quite sure how he feels about having to be a guinea pig when I'm practicing physical exam skills. But he has made it quite clear that he'd better be a guinea pig for culinary school. I think he misses the days when I took all the cooking classes at BYU and brought him home the leftovers.

I want to hear what other people are jealous of--or are just hoping to do "someday." I am definitely OCD and have a whole list. Having 4 kids is in there somewhere. As is planting a fruit and vegetable garden. And maybe becoming Martha (minus the trouble with the law).

6 comments:

Lilianne said...

Culinary school would be so much fun! I think learning to be a pastry chef would be even cooler! I really would like to go to hair school and learn how to cut and color hair. I think this would be an invaluable skill, wouldn't you say?

I would also like to get a degree in interior design so I could have some credentials to decorate people's houses. How fun!

I want to learn how to play the cello. And get back to playing my violin at the level I was in college.

And lastly, I want to learn how to sew actual clothing, so I can make beautiful dresses for my kids! I know this is a lot of practice and trial and error, but I think this would be a super cool skill to have.

You practically are a chef already. I think you should be teaching people how to cook/bake! I've eaten your food. It's deeelicious!

Kat Clark said...

I always dream of winning something fantastic. Like usually alot of money. Maybe that will change someday when we aren't just scraping by. And maybe that is a lame thing to equate to culinary school because winning alot of money or a big prize actually takes no talent or effort. Hmm? What do I want to do? Honestly, right now, I just want to get skinny. That is pretty lame too but at least I have to work for it. :)

Kat Clark said...

BTW, not to flood your blog with my comments but I am getting really anxious for my bread baking lesson. We need to plan that asap. Especially before you go away for the summer! Please.

julie said...

The name Ginger is very cute. But I guess Boyd does have a point. It's like Aunt Jane's sister in law whose name is Cherry Ann Redd. And yes, she has red hair...

It's not totally pointless to talk about names now... Matt and I have had a girl's name picked out for years. It will just make things so much easier if little Charlotte ever decides to come.

I'd love to learn how to paint. And get better at playing the piano. And I also really like the comment above about winning a large sum of money. Sign me up.

Bear said...

You have the cutest blog. I haven't seen anyone else's like it. You always knew how to be original. Miss you. I love it when you update your blog.

Sassy Savvy said...

I would LOVE to go to culinary school. I love to cook and bake (something Curtis enjoys :) Other than that I would love to learn to quilt. I have lived in Utah for 5.5 years now and I am still NOT a scrap booker, I don't think I ever will be. Sewing seems so much more useful. Besides my domestic pursuits, I would love to learn a second language and, this is going to sound dumb, I really want to be a mission presidents wife. Obviously I have no control over that, but I swear I would bake cookies for all of the missionaries. Ha ha, how random is that :) I think art school would be fun too, to learn to paint, draw, and sculpt. I think it would be sweet to be the next Mormon artist, I love Liz Lemon Swindle.