Sunday, December 13, 2009

Ha ha ha...Merry Christmas!

So last night Boyd and I were watching 30 Rock. I've only seen a few episodes and snippets here and there because it is one of the things Boyd watches while I'm studying, so I don't know much about it, and I made the serious mistake of drinking a glass of water while watching. All the sudden Tina Fey is saying something that is so funny that I start snorting the water into my nose. And then since I couldn't hear the rest of the scene because of my snorting we rewound it. Big mistake. The scene restarted and then I was laughing so hard I actually began choking on my water. Really choking. To the point where I not only spit it out, but threw the rest of it up. I am awesome. That show needs a warning label. Or something.

So school is out for the next three weeks! I really can't believe that I am almost done learning all of the basic science of medical school. We just finished our block on infectious diseases and I'm beginning to feel like I know things now. Before this block, I wasn't even clear on the basics of the flu, which is pretty pathetic for someone who had already finished a year of medical school. I mean, that sounds so easy, but since we didn't learn about it until now I felt pretty useless. Now people ask me questions about things and I always surprise myself by the information that comes out of my mouth. So I gues they're doing something right at school.

So with my three weeks of freedom I'm taking suggestions as to what I should do. Books to read, movies to watch, and things to do here in Tucson, AZ. So if anybody needs any help with their busy Christmas schedules/baking/wrapping/decorating/babysitting...let me know!

4 comments:

Dani said...

HAAAA! I would have liked to see the water incident.

Sassy Savvy said...

Live up your freedom! Stay up late watching tv with your hubby, sleep in, read awesome books (I don't know what genre you like, I'm kind of a fantasy buff. I've heard really good things about the lightning thief). Ooo, and I would bake lots ('cause I'm addicted to baking, I've been posting my holiday baking recipes on my recipe blog if you are looking for ideas, maughaneats.blogspot.com). That's what I would do if I had three weeks off and no kids. (I'd probably clean my house too, but that is so not exciting ;)

Kat Clark said...

Lindsey, you are so hillarious! I love that you love 30 Rock, or at least find it funny enough to throw up while watching it. It totally heart that show and end up wanting to post the one-liners as my facebook status every Thursday night.

So you mentioned the curry over on my blog a while back and I want you to know that I can totally just give you the recipe via email or phone and you will be fine. It's that simple. And you are a talented cook for real so you will have no problems. Let me know if you're still interested and if you want to get together sometime. Of course, if you decide to hang out before 8 p.m. I will have two snot nosed kids with me. And if you decide to hang out after 10:00 p.m. I will probably be asleep. Haha. So lame and yet so very, very true.

Kat Clark said...

Oh and p.s.

I should totally take some pics of you and Boyd somtime while you have time off. I'm not saying this because I am a pro or even a semi-pro. I'm just saying it because I know you had mentioned in the past that there weren't many pictures of the two of you together. I can change that if you want.